We know there are a couple of key questions that every person should ask about self-storage:
- Is the storage in a convenient location with easy access, so I don’t have to take a packed lunch and a water bag to get there and then navigate a maze to find my space?
- Are my goods going to be secure, with alarms and other mechanisms in place to ensure that security?
At City West Storage, the answer to both questions is Yes!
Here’s what we do to keep your good secure:
- We use brand new, waterproof, dustproof shipping containers to store your goods. These containers make fantastic storage and have five (yes five!) locking points on the doors to ensure no-one but you can get in.
- Every container is alarmed individually. When you come onto the site, your individual code opens the gate, turns off the site alarm and turns off the individual alarm on your container. All other containers stay alarmed. So even with other people on site, your container is still safe with its own alarm.
- You choose the locks on your container and you keep the key. No-one else has access, including us. The only exception to this is if we are required by law to open your container. We’ve been operating since 2004 and this has not happened to us (we seem to choose nice customers who don’t engage in dodgy activities…).
- We use a 24/7 security monitoring company to keep watch. If the alarm goes off, they can have someone onsite in a few minutes.
- The entire site has an electric fence around it that hurts (a lot) if you touch it. If any of the wires are cut, the alarm is instantly activated. This fence cost us a lot of money to install, but its worth it for your (and our) peace of mind.
- The site is open 7 days/week, 365 days per year
- We have security cameras in place, with infrared lenses to detect activity 24 hours a day.
As you can see, we are really focussed on security across the site. Of course, we cannot absolutely guarantee that George Clooney and his mates are not going to try to get in, but we do all we can to stop it.